Every parent thinks that they have the cutest, smartest, and happiest baby around (and I am no exception). We dress our lil’ ones in the most fashionable pint sized outfits, and upload so many pictures online that our hard drives start to crash. If you can identify, then you are in good company, and I have a wonderful opportunity to put your hard work as an amateur photographer, of the most exceptional little human being you have ever laid eyes on, to use.
Gap is currently searching for the new face of GapKids and Baby Gap. They are looking for ” a little star that brightens up the world.” If that is your little bundle of joy (Of course it is!), then all you have to do is register for the contest, upload a pic of your prince/princess, and tell the world how your child brightens up the world in 50 words or less. The last day to enter your child is April 22nd. With a photo shoot, $1,000 Gap gift card, an opportunity to be featured in a marketing campaign, and a $10,000 grant in their name to Communities In Schools, a nonprofit that empowers students to stay in school and achieve in life, you better start going through your hoards of pictures soon to pick out the perfect one.
1. Make the child the star of the picture, not their surroundings. Make sure that the background is plain, and does not detract from your child.
2. Dress your child in appropriate attire. Make sure that the outfit you choose is simple, and does not outshine your child. Choose color/s that compliment their skin tone, and brings out their features.
3. Limit accessories. Don’t have them wear overwhelming headbands, hats, flowers, sunglasses, or anything that will detract from them.
4. Make sure the photo is in focus, and that focus is on your child. Make sure that your child is close-up (but not extremely close up), so that their face is clear, and easy to see.
5. Most importantly, try to capture your child’s personality. It may take a lot of pictures, but smiling, carefree pictures go over best.
For more information, Go to Gap Casting Call!