So there’s this book that has been taking over the world.. You might have heard of it. The book that has been described as “mommy porn” (whatever that means). The one that has been flying off the shelves of bookstores everywhere. The one that has controversy around it, and has been banned from public libraries across the nation for being too racy. You’re hearing about it from your friends. You’re hearing about it from the media. And if you have been living under a rock and don’t have a clue as to what book I am talking about, then you’re gonna hear about it from this blog. This little book (ok, maybe not so little – it is over 500 pages), goes by the name Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James.
Fifty Shades of Grey is the first of a series of 3 books that chronicles the relationship between virginal college grad Anastasia Steele with manipulative billionaire Christian Grey. Steele signs a contract putting her in the middle of sexual encounters of the BDSM style, which is what has caught the attention of those around the world. If you are one of those that couldn’t put the book down as soon as it got juicy, then there are a couple of events that are coming up that might be for you.
Babeland, NYC’s destination for all things sex, including toys, accessories, and knowledge, is holding 2 free 15 minute mini-workshops entitled 50 Shades of Hot Sex. These are fun little cocktail party workshops giving you tips on how to bring some of the scenes in the book to life. Both of these workshops filled up quickly (I guess we have a lot of people ready to spice things up), but if you are really interested in getting a thorough understanding of what BDSM, what toys and accessories are available out there, techniques, and how to incorporate it into your own behind closed doors lifestyle, they are also holding a couple 2 hour workshops. If interested in finding out more about it, you can go here: 50 Shades of Hot Sex Workshop, or check out their website at http://www.babeland.com/.
If you can’t wait until the workshop to turn things up a notch in the bedroom, here are 5 easy things you can try to spice things up:
1. First of all, Build the Anticipation – In this day in age where technology is used all day, every day, you might as well put it to use to build anticipation for things to come later that night. Set the scene, let them know what you intend to do, and by the time you actually get home, you won’t be able to keep your hands off each other.
2. Quick and Easy, Take it out of the bedroom – Whether you bring it to the couch, the kitchen, your backyard, or on your next nature hike, bringing it out of the bedroom is sure to quickly get the blood flowing.
3. Bring a Toy into the mix – Take a stroll together to your local sex shop, and take a gander at all the fun toys, lubricants, dvds, books, and sex time paraphernalia they offer. Pick something out (or a few things), and go to town.
4. Play a Role – We’re not talking professional acting here, just choose a fun role, and go with it. Whether you want to dress up as a school girl, or nurse, or the mistress meeting up at a hotel on your lunch break, the fantasy world is your oyster.
5. Bring Out the Camera – Whether a video or digital camera, it all works the same in capturing those steamy intimate moments between you and your lusty partner. If you watch it later on, now that is up to you.
Let loose ladies, and go for it. Enjoy!
If you haven’t read the book yet, this is Scene Stealers NYC June Book Club choice. Grab yourself a copy, enter the world of Ana and Christian, then come out on June 26th to talk about your impression of the book. To RSVP for our June Book Club, Click Here: June Book Club!!
Click Here to get your copy of Fifty Shades of Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy or Here for the Trilogy: Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed 3-volume Boxed Set