- Lose weight. Carrying extra weight is linked to breast cancer risk. There is no doubt about it. It can increase your chances of getting breast cancer by up to 40%. Start exercising, it can reduce your risk as well.
- Stop smoking. A study showed that smokers had a 16% higher risk of breast cancer than non smokers.
- Drink less alcohol. If you are worried about getting breast cancer doctors recommend you drink only 3 servings a week.
- Avoid toxins like parabens found in many products. Why? Parabens have been found in 95% of breast cancer tumors. Our bathroom cabinet is a great place to start. On average a person is exposed to over 126 chemicals a day simply by using their personal care items. Check labels for parabens or anything ending in it and replace them with something paraben free.
- Reduce your intake of sugar. The sugar itself does not “feed” cancer cells. However, a lot of sugar can cause our bodies to produce too much insulin. While some insulin in the body is normal, excess insulin may encourage cancer cells to grow more, which is not a good thing
Founder of Scene Stealers NYC, Social Event Planner, Mommy, Blogger, Lover of Champagne