A portable blender is one that features a single-serve cup or just a juicer that you can quickly take with you to the gym, office or on a road travel. Juicers make kitchen work much comfortable during mixing, pureeing, liquefying and chopping food. They can only serve you well if they are working correctly. This guide informs on the way a juicer functions, what goes wrong in most cases, the methods of inspecting a blender’s problem and the tools you require to service the blender. It also provides steps on the criteria of tightening a blender’s stud and disassembling a mixer.
What is the Working Criteria of a Portable Blender?
A portable food blender operates on an engine that activates the sharp-edged device to cut food. Inside the unit, is an engine rod which connects to the edge. The amount of current supplying to the engine using the switches controls the speed of the shank. Juicers are designed based on two varieties, that is hand-held and countertop models.
Common Problems Associated with Blenders
Basing on the fact that juicers are small appliances operating on a motor, their common problems are also minor. These may include:
- Loose parts.
- Leaking seals.
- Worn parts.
- Motor failure.
- Electrical cord problem.
- Faulty switches.
- Fuse breakdown.
How Can You Identify a Blender’s Problem?
- It might happen that your blender does not function entirely. If this is the case, first make sure power is activated at the source then examine the electrical cable. Use a multimeter to assess the fuse. Carry out trials on the two-speed knob. If all these procedures don’t give a solution, then there is a need to sample out the general mechanism.
- In a case where the blender is running periodically, examine the connection with the wires and make necessary replacements. Look into the engine to see if there is a need for change.
- Sometimes you get to notice that the blender does not propel consistently. In this scenario, confirm the two-speed knob and perform necessary cleaning or replacement. Asses on the connection of wires and fix them to excellent condition.
- On some occasion, you get to realize that the engine is propelling, but the chopping device does not turn. The issue usually is the moving frame. You may be required to reinforce or swap it if necessary. Check the edge as well, clean it, lubricate or make a replacement if faulty.
- Stuck buttons: This is common on old-school blenders. To fix it, just carry out an in-depth cleaning exercise on the mixer. Some of the models allow you to detach the face that surrounds the buttons. To other models, you have to unloose the bottom of the base to get to the buttons.
- The leaking of the jar- This issue is the most common with blenders. First, check if the blade assembly fixes well onto the pot. If all is well with the blade, then check with the rubber gasket. This rubber can harden and crack over time.
What do I Require for Servicing?
The parts you need for the replacement of your blender are readily available at the manufacturer. You may also get them in supermarket outlets. These are tools you will require to break up and repair your juicer. They include:
The breakup steps differ with the model of the blender you have. The following procedures are adequate for basic portable mixers.
How to service the Multispeed Switch.
A multispeed switch is a frequent victim when things go astray with a blender. The steps below are involved in repairing a multi-switch:
- Remove the base of the mixer.
- Check the switch without unplugging it. Usually, the fault is the terminal, of which might require tightening.
- Inspect the multispeed switch using a tester.
- The switch is usually vulnerable to damage because of its location on the blender. Clean the switch using a powered cleaner or replace it if there is the need.
How to replace the fuse.
A fuse on a blender offers protection to the motor from overload. It blows when the current supplying to the motor exceeds the standard rate. Here are the ways you can use to check if the fuse is functioning well:
- Disassemble the blender and get to the fuse location. The device is usually in between the wire that loops the motor to the multispeed switch.
- Get the fuse from the wire and examine it using a multimeter. If the connection is incomplete, then the fuse is blown.
- Locate a brand new fuse with similar rating and make necessary replacement.
How to service the Motor.
In most cases, the motor is the part of the blender that withstands frequent problems for long. However, if it demands a replacement, you better decide to shop for a new blender. Servicing a motor is straightforward. Employ the following steps:
- Examine every cord point.
- Choose the desired mode of speed on the speed button and get the feedback from the meter.
- Turn the drive stud in a forward motion. If the resistance alternates, the motor requires fixing.
How to tighten the Drive Stud:
Fault in the motion frame occurs when the blade does not turn usually. In most cases, the stud is loose. The most appropriate ways of tightening the stud include:
- Disassemble the blender from its base.
- Tightly hold the drive shaft using pliers and connect an adjustable spanner to the framing.
- Grip the drive shaft slowly and at the same time turn the moving frame in a forward motion.
How to service the blade Assembly.
This part has minimal performance on a blender. The moving frame propels it. The most common issues involve leakages in the jar. You can solve this by tightening the base.
Lastly, it’s high time that you should be made aware of these common problems with blenders and be advised to plan for their remedy. Thus the solution to these issues demands integrated measures to tackle the challenges of individuals with different types of kitchenware and not only the handling of blenders. The previous doubts should change for the daily achievements in a modern kitchen. This guide shades light on a broad field of common problems with portable mixers and how to fix them. The information extends either directly or indirectly into almost every phase of kitchenware maintenance. It appears that a comprehensive review on portable blenders has been covered to conduct an organized procedure to many of the problems in question.
Amazon’s Choice for “portable blender”